Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I LEAVE THE DOORS OPEN

The Rossoneri’s captain, Paolo Maldini, spoke with regards to the current condition of Roma and about his future: “With regards to my future, I still leave the doors open.” – PAOLO MALDINI’S DECLARATIONS -



MILANELLO – These are the declarations of Paolo Maldini with Milan Channel, before today’s training session:

“On Saturday evening there will be the match against Roma. They are a team which express the best game in the Italian football and managed to find continuity despite the delicate moment it went through. It managed to go forward in the Champions League, even in such a moment. I thought that even we would qualify, but a lot was due to the draw. Roma proved to have more character and quality than Real Madrid. On Saturday we shall find a good group, amongst the Giallorossi there are important players such as Totti, Vucinic and Mancini, therefore we shall have to run a lot.

“Milan right now is not at its best, but the away game at Yokohama forced us to an incredible tour de force. History tells us that whoever plays this type of tournament, on their return finds difficulty in the league, but now we have the possibility to work more and to train well to improve our quality of the game.

“The win at Empoli was surely a positive note, as it gave us an important sign. It was fundamental to take back home a positive result.

“With regards to my future, I still leave the doors open. Before I thought I was hundred percent convinced that I will stop by the end of the season, but lately I received a lot of praise and together with my physical condition, which is better than last year during the same period, they made me think. I must therefore still decide what to do about my future.”

ACMilan.com

0 comments:

Search