Friday, November 14, 2008

Maldini Angry Over Wages To Charity Claims

Milan legend Paolo Maldini has denied claims suggesting he gives half of his wages to charity...

The Italian stopper is likely to hang up his boots at the end of the season and Turin-based Tuttosport claimed Il Capitano was giving away 50 percent of his earnings to good causes.

The news sounded like something one would expect from such a distinguished player, but Maldini has denied the claims.

"With respect to what was written in the papers on Thursday morning about my contract, it's totally unfounded news," Maldini told La Gazzetta Dello Sport.

"I have never given away half of my wages to charity, my contract agreement is not this.

"I haven't taken an offence but I am annoyed at what has been written.


"If people want to know things then they should ask as I am avaliable to do interviews as part of my role as a professional footballer."

Maldini has been a loyal servant to Milan over the years and he has become a role model for players around the world for his greatness as a football on the pitch and as a person off it.

Goal.com

0 comments:

Search