Monday, November 3, 2008

Maldini On Future, Becks And Gila

Paolo Maldini has revealed he will not move onto coaching when he retires from the game at the end of the season and he has welcomed David Beckham's loan move...




The legendary defender was speaking at the Giancinto Fachetti award ceremony on Monday.

Maldini was awarded the prize in his final season and he has spoken about his own future. The stopper insists he will not become a coach once he quits a glittering career which has spanned over 25 years.

"I will not become a coach when I retire," Maldini told Sky Sport 24.

"Beckham? He is welcome to come here and train with us.

"Facchetti? It means a lot to me to receive this award because my career is similar to Facchetti's,

"He was a leader at Inter and I have spent my life at Milan and we also have similar stories for the Azzurri."

Maldini also had a few words on Alberto Gilardino's handball goal against Palermo on Sunday.

"I don't know what really happened but sometimes these things go like that. I am not one to say whether or not the action was voluntary or not by Gila," added the defender.

The stopper will be hoping to play some more games this term as the Rossoneri continue their Scudetto and UEFA Cup hunt.

Goal.com

0 comments:

Search