Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Milan Legend Paolo Maldini: This Will Be My Last Season

Paolo Maldini confirmed that he will retire from football at the end of this campaign...

Milan defender Paolo Maldini has all but confirmed his retirement this season by revealing that his body will not allow him to play beyond the final whistle come May.

Maldini, who has been a loyal servant to the Rossoneri for his entire professional career, has always maintained his stance on calling it a day at the end of this term.

The Italian international will turn 41-years-old in June and he admits that his legs will not be able to carry him through another tough season next year.

"I am still here today because I still have fun playing," Maldini told the club's official website.

"I think that you need to be lucky and avoid major injuries to enjoy a career like mine.

"However, even my body has begun to feel the strains, and this will be my last season. I don't think that my body will allow me to play beyond this [term] at the highest level."

The Italian international is set to hang up his boots in May, despite some voices suggesting that he should go on another year.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

0 comments:

Search