Friday, March 6, 2009

Paolo Maldini Ridicules Inter Boss Jose Mourinho’s Trophy Haul

The Rossoneri legend has waded into the row sparked by the Portuguese’s statements and played the ‘honours card’.




Jose Mourinho snapped at the Italian media on Tuesday, accusing them of "intellectual prostitution" over the controversial penalty awarded to Inter striker Mario Balotelli during the dramatic 3-3 draw with Roma at the San Siro last weekend.

The ex-Chelsea tactician then went on to pour scorn over the achievements of rival Serie A teams, including Juventus, Milan and Roma, claiming they will end the season without “a single title”.

“I don’t really want to feed this exchange any longer,” Milan captain Paolo Maldini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“After all, it looked like he was harsher towards Juventus. But I just want to say that I don’t think he should turn the focus on trophies won.

“As far as I am concerned, during my years at Milan, for every trophy he has lifted, I have won five.”


Mourinho has now been deferred to the Disciplinary Commission for his comments and risks either a heavy fine or a one-game suspension.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

0 comments:

Search