Thursday, May 21, 2009

Milan Legend Paolo Maldini Unsure Of What To Do After Retirement


After being certain of retiring at the end of the season, the legendary football icon is now uncertain of what to do next...



Milan symbol Paolo Maldini is unsure of what the future holds when he finally says arrivederci to Calcio in two weeks' time.

The former Italian international confirmed his retirement from playing the game two months ago. Speculation has followed with reports suggesting he would take control of the Milan youth system. However, with a coaching role being ruled out by the player, it seems as if he has left himself with few options.

"I want to pull the plug out for a little while, at least until September," Maldini told France Football.

"Only then will I think about what to do with my future."

A future which could be away from football as Maldini hints at a total break with the game.

"Will I stay in football? I don't know. I will consider which road to go down when the time comes," added the defender.

"It all depends on the offers I get."

One certainty Maldini has aside from all the confusion is that he will not follow in the footsteps of his father Cesare, who became a football coach.

"Coaching is the job which unites all the things that I don't like about football together," concluded the legend.

The captain has made 900 appearances for his side since becoming a professional in 1985.

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

0 comments:

Search