Thursday, November 5, 2009

Milan Legend Paolo Maldini: I Could Return To Help The Team

The iconic defender has offered the hand of support for his side, but in a director's role...

Milan legend Paolo Maldini admits he has considered returning to the club to help them out this term, but it will not be on the pitch.

The Italian retired from the game at the end of last term following a distinguished career at the San Siro. Reports claimed Maldini would take on a director's role, and he has now made himself available to the cause.

"I gave plenty and received a lot and I feel so much love for the Milan colours. It goes beyond the people who work there," Maldini told La 7 Gold.

"If there is the chance to do something positive that will help this team then I will always be there. My life has always been without other roles on the side, and I want to continue like that.

"The team have great pride and they are capable of always giving a moment of important emotions."

The Rossoneri have grasped the nettle of reform following a poor start to the season, and Maldini hopes the good run continues. But, his Champions League prediction sees Chelsea and Barcelona at the forefront of the chasing pack.

"We are going through a good period because the team has found consistency in the Champions League and in Serie A. They know how to play football," added the former Italian international.

"The Champions League? I think Barcelona are the strongest team, but my friend [Carlo] Ancelotti's Chelsea are well equipped."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

0 comments:

Search