Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Paolo Maldini hints at AC Milan return

Legendary Italian defender says 'the right conditions' could prompt him to accept a role with the Serie A champions as he cannot stay away from his 'football passion'

Paolo Maldini admits he would consider returning to AC Milan following his retirement from football in 2009.

The 43-year-old former defender left the Italian champions following a success-filled career which spanned over two decades.

And, having spent the last two years outside of the game, Maldini believes he still has plenty to offer, but not in a playing capacity.

Speaking to Il Giorno, the former captain said: "For now I am working as a father, a difficult job, but if I receive an interesting offer then I could return to working in football.

"Football is my passion, my life and I know Milan like the back of my hand.

"If there are the right conditions I would be very happy to come back to the team I love and give back, in part, the many things I received."


Previous reports have suggested the ex-Italy international could return to San Siro as a director.

Maldini began his Milan career in 1978 as a youth and turned professional in 1985.

He won a hoard of trophies including seven Italian titles, and five European Cups during his time at the club.

Goal.com/en

0 comments:

Search