Friday, April 4, 2008

Maldini may play on

Milan defender Paolo Maldini is rethinking his plan to hang his boots up at the end of the season.

The 39-year-old had announced that this campaign would be his last as a player, but he now admits that he is having second thoughts.

“Would I continue to play? I am thinking about it, even if I wake up every morning with a different idea,” Maldini told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Seeing as the club and my teammates have asked me, I will consider my options carefully.

“I’m feeling good and I am back playing, even on the wing. I am back in the Milan equation.”

These are testing times for the world champions who are four points away from Champions League qualification rivals Fiorentina.

The Diavolo were booed and whistled during last weekend’s defeat against Atalanta and Maldini doesn’t believe they deserved that reception.

“I can’t stand this whistling at the first error,” he raged. “It is understandable at the end of the game, but from the start it really isn’t right and it doesn’t help. I wouldn’t do it if I were a fan.”

Channel 4

0 comments:

Search