Friday, March 6, 2009

Milan’s Luca Antonini: Paolo Maldini Liked My Goal

The Rossoneri were involved in a friendly game in Qatar on Wednesday evening, and Antonini scored the winner.



The official Milan website reports that Milan full-back Luca Antonini enjoyed his rare first-team start in the friendly match against Qatari outfit Al Saad.

The former Empoli man proved an unlikely match-winner, finding the net to round out a 2-1 victory for the Italian giants, and he said after the game that Paolo Maldini was particularly impressed with the strike.

“I’m happy about the goal because it doesn’t happen often that I score,” declared Antonini.

“I received the compliments of Maldini, who told me that I scored a goal like a real striker.

“On Sunday a very difficult game awaits us against Atalanta. We shall have to do well to manage to reach our objective of returning to the Champions League next year.”


Goal.com

0 comments:

Search